POLITICS/LEGAL (National): U.S. Senate, rejection of Debo Agdebile, Obama nominee as Assisant Attorney General, Department of Justice Civil Rights Division, various reports: "Democrats help block Obama's civil rights nominee Debo Agdebile" ....
***Sampling of reports, commentaries....
* Los Angeles Times: "Democrats help block Obama's civil rights nominee Debo Agdebile"
* Los Angeles Times: "Senate rejects Obama's civil rights nominee" - "Seven Democrats vote against Debo Agdebile, who once worked with the NAACP Legal Defense Fund on an appeal by convicted police killer Mumia Abu-Jamal. Agdebile's backers cite racial issues."
* Los Angeles Times (Opinion L.A. - Michael McGough): "In rejecting Debo Agdebile, two Senate Democrats take the easy way out"
* Politico: "Democrats help block Obama's DOJ pick"
* Slate: "Guilt by Association" - "Senate blocks Obama's pick to head the civil rights division because he's fought for civil rights."